Subject: Re: LW 4.0 Distributors
From: [email-masked] (Scot Perry)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 17:59:37 -0500

Can anybody provide some distributors that Lightwave is available through,
who has the best price and availability?
>
>Per your request:
I carry lightwave for the PC and would be happy to sell you a copy if your
interested I can also get lightwave for the Amiga although we are regretably
not very knowlegeable on that platform.  As far as your question on which
platform you'll find lightwave on a pentium to be much faster than the
current crop of Amigas but in the Amigas favor you have access to a greater
assortment of add ons macros plugins etc. I,m sure you will see this change
fast 3 months or so my guess but the fact remains there is more for the
Amiga now. Also the current release of ligtwave for the PC is a prerelease,
final version due out soon. The biggest problem with prerelease in my
opinion no modeler macros, or import module both will be in final release
which will be a free upgrade.

Now that I've given you an argument for the Amiga let me defend the PC.
Lightwave on a PC in windows NT is fast even faster on a Alpha processor PC
and as your intel comment stated the PC is getting faster every day. On the
Amiga side I hear things are in the works for new Amigas but that will
probably be a year in coming at the least the sale of commodore was only
recently finalized to my knowledge. And as time is money you see alot of
people going to Pentiums to speed their processing now. As far as software
goes the software companies follow the money if everyone is buying PC's
thats the growth market and they will write the software for that platform.
When I spoke to one software producer for Lightwave plugins he described the
Amiga market as a desert (no one is buying) and is banking his future on the
success of Lightwave on the PC.

As for Newteks policy I believe their intent is to discourage mail order so
that their local dealers can support customers face to face.  This takes
some customer support burden off them and usually leads to happy customers
when the local dealer can answer your problems on a face to face basis. Also
Lightwave is a high end complex product with a healthy learning curve a
product usually best handled by local dealer support. But you can't always
find a local dealer so I'd be happy to help you my prices follow. Call or
E-mail me if you have any questions I'll help as best I can.

Lightwave 4.0 PC pre-Release                    $795.00 

Current Plugins and support programs
        Fibre Factory (hair raising effects)    $139.95 
        Impact (Newtonian Physics for Lightwave)$395.00

Available object libraries
        Lightrom vol I CD                       $ 34.95
        Lightrom vol II CD                      $ 34.95
        Dedicated digital imagery Disks
                Medical/Anatomy                 $ 92.00
                Auto's and vehicles             $ 65.00 
                Household objects               $ 52.00
                Space essentials                $ 65.00
                City Builder                    $ 82.00

Training Materials
        Desktop Images Videos
                3D Essentials                   $ 45.00 
                3D surfaces & Textures          $ 45.00
                displacement mapping & Bones    $ 45.00
                3D Camera & Lighting Techniques $ 45.00
                Modeler 2 videos                $ 85.00
                Pro Flying Logo Techniques      $ 45.00
                
                Coming soon early August
                Pyrotechniques                  $ 45.00
                Space Craft Modeling            $ 45.00
                Space Craft Surfacing           $ 45.00
                
All the above are PC products or PC compatible the video tapes are based on
the Amiga version but is almost identical to PC version in functionality.

If anyone else has knowledge of current PC compatible Lightwave products
please drop a line with info were always looking for new products.         

--
[email-masked] (Scot Perry) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]